Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Revision and Christmas

Congratulations to those of you in college who, like me, made it through the semester! I'm pretty excited to be done. Honestly, until yesterday finishing the semester was more exciting than the fact that Christmas is in two days. 

Now I have time to read for fun again. I just sat in one of the big leather chairs in my parents' living room yesterday and finished a book I did not have to write an essay on or relate to another book. It was glorious. 

In other exciting news (well, exciting to me), I have come up with a title for The Stupid Book: Black and Gold. Voila! Today, after I finish writing this, I am going to drink my tea and work on some back story for a couple of the characters. Then, probably tomorrow, I will begin revising in earnest before school starts again and homework eats away my time. In my perfect world I'd be finished with one complete revision before January 11 (when I head back to school) but more realistically, it'll be more like a 75% revision. Still, revision is going to happen.

But I have a title and I have time and I miss my main characters. It will be fun.

I hope you all enjoy spending time with your family and friends. To my fellow students, I hope you enjoy sleeping in and being lazy as much as I do. Eat good food. Laugh. And have a very merry Christmas.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment