Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Clarity

Sometimes I wonder if I am crazy to enjoy writing as much as I do. When I'm revising, I have to remind myself of how much fun I had writing the first draft. But even when I think about writing something new, sometimes I dread it. I can't recall the reasons I love it.

Then I start writing and I remember. There are a thousand reasons I love it. Tonight, the top one is that it clears my head.

It sounds strange, I know. But going to live in a world that I've created and thinking someone else's thoughts makes my own thoughts less tangled. And let me tell you, my thoughts tangled makes me a basket case of nerves, crankiness, and general moodiness. I can think about why they've gotten tangled but that only makes it worse.

But when I write, all of that fades. I feel like myself. I feel like I know my own mind again. And there is nothing better than that after a day that went from bright and clear to murky and tangled in the space of half an hour. (Don't ask me why, because I haven't got the slightest idea). The important thing is that I am here now. And I am writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment