Monday, November 21, 2016

NaNo Week 3

November 21 goal: 35,007
Current word count: 43,538

Favorite writing song from the week: "Misty Mountains" by Richard Armitage

Hardest thing about this week: I realized my story is not going to be even close to finished at 50,000 words. That's good but it also means I'm going to be juggling finishing it while working on my numerous final projects. Stress-wise, that's been difficult.

Easiest thing about this week: I've gotten to write a bunch of awesome scenes. They were some of the scenes I imagined right from the beginning and I loved getting to write them. I'm also loving my main character. She's so sassy.

Goals for this week: Dare I say it? Hit 50,000. I already ordered my winner's shirt so I might as well finish the 50,000 words early. 

Random closing thoughts: According to the helpful word counter on the NaNo website, I should finish on November 25. I'm thinking that it will actually be Thursday, Wednesday at the earliest. I mean, I could finish tomorrow if I really put my mind to it but...well, I have other things I want to do.

And seriously, dialogue is my favorite thing to write. I especially like bantering dialogue. It doesn't have to be romantic either. Friendship bantering is just as much fun. Jamie (the main character) banters with her best friend, Gwen, a lot. 

But seriously, how am I less than 10,000 words away? How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment