Monday, November 28, 2016

NaNo Week 4

November 28 goal: 46,676
Current word count: 55,276

Favorite writing song of the week: "Chasing Twisters" by Delta Rae

Hardest thing about this week: Honestly, that I hit 50,000 words and I'm still not finished with the story. I should be happy I don't have to spend an hour every day writing because of finals and papers but I'm not. I like writing so hitting 50,000 and still having a story left in me is hard. On the other hand, I'm also insanely proud of myself for hitting 50,000 six days early in spite of everything so it's bittersweet.

Easiest thing about this week: The actual act of sitting down and writing. This is probably because I was home and didn't have any obligations. But it's also because I got to the ending, the part I've had the most time to think about and plan.

Goals for this week: Write at least a little every day. I'm close to being done with the rough draft of the story and I don't want to just quit cold turkey. 

Random closing thoughts: I think last year I finished on November 24 too. That's kind of cool. I also think my story last year ended at around 55,000 words so this one is going to be longer. It's still a first draft and I tend to 'underwrite' my first drafts. That just means I add a lot of scenes in revision. Never thought that would be the case. I was always convinced I'd have to cut stuff. I still do but I add more than I cut.

Announcements/ What's next
1. Finish All the World's a Stage, ideally before I go home for Christmas.
2. Over Christmas, start revising Sky & Steel. Shelby, I hope you read this.
3. Write my senior English paper on The Book Thief
4. Post a review of the program I used to write this NaNo story. It's called Scrivener. 
5. And last, but not least, I'm already getting ideas for the sequel to All the World's a Stage, title to be determined. There are only going to be two in this story and maybe this summer I'll start asking around for beta readers because this is a story I think people would like.

Now, if you're in college, good luck on your finals and projects and papers! If you're a real adult with a job, hang in there, Christmas is less than a month away. If you're a senior, don't forget to apply to graduate in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment